Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Colorado Ski Retreat

Every year we try to head out to Whistler, British Columbia because we love the mountains and the ski village mentality but this year we jumped at the chance to visit Erin and Eric in Frisco, Colorado at the same time that Christine and John, who flew in from Houston, Texas.  We were all a little surprised that our first reunion since meeting at the Guthy-Jackson Patient Day in November would happen so soon but Erin, Christine and I have become a close team of warriors battling our disease together.

This was the first time that Erin and I attempted to take up an old hobby since our diagnosis.  I was terrified of the pain and you'll see my first run was really like the first time again but truth be told, I was more scared of breaking a promise I made to myself a long time ago.  Christine took up skiing for the very first time - now that's courage!

I'm so blessed to have shared this experience with such an amazing support network.  You'll hear us laugh a lot (especially Erin) through our pain, our bad jokes about my butt pads, and John who was so hard core on the mountain he actually ripped the crotch right out of his board pants!

Note: Sorry about some of the bad video footage.  I'm still learning how to use my Flip Camera.


No comments:

Post a Comment